We are Birdville Baptist Church!
Our Vision, Our Beliefs, Our Values
Our Vision ~ Birdville
Birdville is more than one town or location. Being Birdville means that we minister to a larger community that includes Fort Worth, Haltom City, North Richland Hills, Richland Hills, Hurst, Keller, Bedford, and Colleyville.
Our vision is to directly or indirectly see that all people in the large area of Birdville come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ.
Our Beliefs ~ Baptist
Being Baptist means that we value those distinctives that have defined Baptist life. We hold to the autonomy of the local church, priesthood of believers, individual responsibility before God, evangelism and missions. We also hold to basic Christian doctrines, such as:
- Christ is the head of the church.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the final, complete and only divine Word given to humanity by God.
- The Triune God exists in one being (God), but three persons: Father, Son (Jesus), Holy Spirit.
- Jesus has always co-existed with the other members of the Trinity.
- Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died a sacrificial death for the sins of all who would believe in Him.
- Jesus was raised from the dead and ascended to the right hand of the Father waiting for the full amount of people to be saved until He returns to earth again.
- Each person is responsible directly to God and all believers share in the role of the priesthood of believers.
- Salvation comes through faith in Christ and by the grace of God.
- We must evangelize the world, telling them of God's plan of salvation.
- We must minister to the world, caring for those who are hurting or are in need.
Our Values ~ Church
Being a church means that we purposely come together to celebrate fellowship and cooperatively worship God.
- We are a place to experience spiritual formation, becoming the men and women God intended us to be.
- We are a community of faith where we walk in fellowship with one another helping each other along the journey of faith.
- We are a place of hearing, learning, and understanding the Bible.
- We value the sanctity of every human life acknowledging that everyone deserves to be shown dignity, respect, and the love of God.