Annual Mission Trip
Every year BBC takes over 70 people on a church mission trip. The trip usually includes a construction team, a Vacation Bible School team, a youth mission team and an outreach team.
In 2007, Birdville Baptist Church partnering with other churches and agencies, began Church Planting efforts. God is moving in a mighty way with the following church starts:
- Aviator Church in Derby, KS: Pastor Joe Boyd
- Mosaic Fellowship of FW: Pastor Ariel Tolentino
- The Sanctuary at Riverside area of FW: Pastor Terry Whiddon
- River Point Church, FW: Derek Carter
- Portico Church, Hurst, TX: Pastor Kyle Raney
- Southside City Church, FW: Pastor Darrell Auvenshine
- Southside Hispanic
- Southside African in Burkina Faso, Africa
- Southside African in Togo, Africa
- Cowboy Church of Tarrant County: Pastor, Mel Hooten
- Outdoor Life Church & Ministry, Ft. Worth, TX: Brian Watson
- International Baptist Church, Hurst TX: David McLauren
- Northeast Ministries is a ministry-based mission which is housed at Birdville Baptist Church.
- Community-based missions (kids' clubs, apartment ministry)
- School-based ministries (mentoring programs, tutoring programs, Good News Clubs)
- WEE Care is a partnership that Birdville Baptist Church shares with Birdville Independent School District in which teenage moms are encouraged to stay in school and to graduate. BBC helps provide food, clothing and baby accessories.
- Alongside Northeast Ministries, Birdville Baptist Church sponsors a Good News Club in three local elementary schools: Birdville Elementary, Alliene Mullendore Elementary, and W. T. Francisco Elementary.
- N.E.E.D. (Northeast Emergency Distribution) is a local ministry that provides food and clothes for those in need.
Birdville Baptist Church participates in missions at four levels: international, national, in Texas and right here in Tarrant County. BBC funds these missions through one of two ways: 14% of BBC receipts goes to various mission agencies or activities. BBC also has the World Missions Offering in December, January, and February each year. Money from both of these avenues goes to the following agencies:
- Southern Baptist Convention
- North American Mission Board
- Baptist General Convention of Texas
- Tarrant Baptist Association
World Hunger and Missions Offerings
We received an excellent total for both of these offerings. We gave $4000 to the World Hunger Offering (which the proceeds go 100% directly to feeding hungry people - the administration is covered in other ways).
We made our World Missions Goal of $16,000! Way to go Birdville Baptist.
Thank you for your response for both of these offerings. Christ's call on our lives and our Christian love and compassion for people in need (either needing food or more importantly, salvation) should motivate us to be mindful of these needs.
Matthew 28:19-20 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."
Matthew 25: 34-35, 37, 40 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, . . Take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat . . . Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord when did we see you hungry and feed you? The King will reply 'whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Later Jesus would say, "Depart from me" to those who failed to show concern for the hungry of the world (Matt. 25:41-46).